cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHITA Router DMZ

guntiuk
Joining in

Hi all,

Currently have 1GB Broadband using a CHITA Router. We're trying to use OpenVPN, and our hardware firewall is set up correctly - we had been using a DMZ with the IP address however after VM went down the other day and back up the DMZ is now not correctly saving. It tells me it's saved correctly however went I go back on the DMZ it simply is going back to 'disabled'. 

Any clues? sorta important that this works... 

5 REPLIES 5

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Use the CHITA Router in modem mode
---------------------------------------------------------------

Some of the VM supplied kit is a bit odd about the web browser. 

Does the DMZ management work differently or better in a different web browser ?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI @Client62 

Have you spoken to VM Business?

https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-in-touch/contact-us/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Really quite difficult - Spoken to the team and was put through to faults which already took a bit of time only for the call to be disconnected. On my agenda now - spoken to one of our local network engineers who has said he's seen similar behaviour from VM equipment before not correctly saving configurations on these routers.

I didn't realise Business and these forums are separate so apologies for that. 

Feel free to post any time.  The harder the questions the more interesting they are.

The most common questions asked about checking service power levels / SNR / Modulations and the like are just the same as Residential and Business customers are all connected to the same network. 

A street cabinet fault affects us all the same way and that is when we hope for local business customer on a 24 hour SLA to be hounding VM to get it fixed Right NOW !

When it comes to Hitron kit - a bit of spoon feeding is needed aka screen shots as we don't have that gear to explore the wrinkles first hand.

Regards

Philip