cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHANGE IP ADDRESS FROM 192.168.0.1 TO 192.168.1.253

Mrbushi
Joining in

Hi....need to change the standard 192.168.0.1 IP range to 192.168.1.253. VM say not possible, but there must be a way of doing it?  BT, TalkTalk, Sky and Plusnet all allowed me, so why are VM being so obstinate?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have rebooted and also hard reset the Hub and the red led is still on, I would suggest the Hub is faulty.  The red led is normally for overheating. 

To logon to the Hub, you need to use the admin password on the bottom of the Hub, NOT the wifi password.

Note you only have 14 days to cancel your VM contract before you are locked in for 18 months .........

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

They're not being obstinate, the hub uses 192.168.1.xxx for guest network, that's hard coded from your and my point of view.  If you want more control then you'll need to buy your own router and put the hub in modem mode.  Just about anything from Asus or Netgear would offer you far more control over your network settings, and improve wifi over the (unassisted) hub.

Thanks. I will try that, but cannot yet as Router has a red light (48 x hours and counting) and im unable to log in and change to Modem mode.....any clues on fixing the red light? I rebooted and also reset. I also called VM and they said i needed to wait 24 x hours?

Honestly, VM have been awful so far, and i've only been live for five days!

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have rebooted and also hard reset the Hub and the red led is still on, I would suggest the Hub is faulty.  The red led is normally for overheating. 

To logon to the Hub, you need to use the admin password on the bottom of the Hub, NOT the wifi password.

Note you only have 14 days to cancel your VM contract before you are locked in for 18 months .........

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks