Menu
SteveMel
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

CCTV

Set up port forwarding for my system but when accessing shows cameras are off line, connected devices also show the system is not there, My VDR is also showing red flashing light on status, I have set them up twice before when the router was upgraded with no issue on a different ISP any suggestions, 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: CCTV

@SteveMel wrote:

Set up port forwarding for my system but when accessing shows cameras are off line, connected devices also show the system is not there, My VDR is also showing red flashing light on status, I have set them up twice before when the router was upgraded with no issue on a different ISP any suggestions, 

Have you got the firewall enabled on the VM Hub?  AFAIK the firewall needs to be enabled in order for port forwarding to work.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Timwilky
Superfast
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not enough info to help.

What type of NVR do you connect to etc. what client/protocols etc.

From my own experience of the Owsoo system I have..It provides remote access through a batch of (cloud) servers in China. The first thing I did was to put the cameras/NVR on a seperate vlan. Firewall to prevent them connecting back to China. But then permit external access from my road warrior VPN profiles.

No way do I want Chinese servers talking to  devices on my network, they are linux based so capable of more than just CCTV in the wrong hands. Also accessing through the VPN means that I control the certificates and authentication for any remote access to the CCTV. Far stronger than the off the shelf "Remote Access" provided by the supplier.

0 Kudos
SteveMel
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Firewall is enabled..

SteveMel
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hikvision, VDR IS hard wired direct to Hub 3 via Ethernet.

0 Kudos
SteveMel
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hikvision, VDR IS hard wired direct to Hub 3 via Ethernet. The whole system was working on my previous ISP router, all that was done was the Ethernet was removed from the router, when Virgins installer completed his work I then connected the Ethernet & then set the four port forwarding rules, since then the device is offline. No access via the web portal or the app. Local network setting not accessible on the VDR because of this.

0 Kudos
xxalanxx
Dialled in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same thing happened to me when I had a router die.

The solution got me was to refresh the access codes - delete them- save then add them and save. It all then came back to life.

0 Kudos
xxalanxx
Dialled in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The last slide is where I mean it needs re-inputting:

https://youtu.be/tScT1gjKjeQ

0 Kudos
SteveMel
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorted it, DHCP needed enabling in the NVR settings, that allows a new IP address to be assigned, redid the port forwarding rules with the IP,call good.😀

0 Kudos