cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATV MANHOLE COVER - DAMAGE

Penners90
Tuning in

Does anyone know how to report a badly damaged manhole cover. It is not the local council job, I've also had GOP look at it, they have said it not theirs and that it is virgin I need to contact. I've rang through to virgin media to get the number for reporting it, she stupidly told me to ring 101, but I'm sorry it's not a police issue to sort out. Just need to get hold of an engineer to come take a look and replace it of some sort.

The street where this is, is used by young children going to and from school on a daily basis as well as elderly people. This is a matter of urgency before someone has a nasty accident 🤦 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Penners90,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear about this. Would you mind providing us with a photo of the damaged manhole that you're referring to, please?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Penners90,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear about this. Would you mind providing us with a photo of the damaged manhole that you're referring to, please?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Is there an email address I can upload it to? The file size is too big to upload here and I'll be honest I'm not the slightest bit tech savvy, I'm just trying to save someone getting hurt 😂😂 

I have finally managed to resolve this issue after being held on chat since 6pm, four hours later it has been passed onto the correct department who will call in next 48 hours for the location and sort. 

Hi @Penners90 thanks for getting back to us.

Do you have any updates?  As we're now 4 days since you posted and I just want to be sure, this is in hand.

Regards

Lee_R

No I was given a reference number on the Virgin chat and told someone would ring me within 48 hours for the location. As we speak this is where we are at, it has just been logged as damaged. 

Hi Penners90,

So I can take a closer look at this and ensure it's been raised I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details from you (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Hi Penners90,

Just wanted to let you know, the team are aware of this, and a job has been scheduled to get it sorted 🙂

Alex_Rm

Hello,

There is a CATV manhole cover and concerete surround outside my house in the grass verge that is broken. How do I report this please? It is very damaged and could cause a bad accident.

Thank you,

Fiona

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@filufaz wrote:

Hello,

There is a CATV manhole cover and concerete surround outside my house in the grass verge that is broken. How do I report this please? It is very damaged and could cause a bad accident.

Thank you,

Fiona

Report on this dedicated section of the forum

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/How-to-report-damage-to-street-equipment/ba-p/4151...