cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C130/Network Cable Unplugged Error when using own WiFi Router

Superelastic
Joining in

Hi,

I have a Virgin Media Hub 3.0 and V6 TiVo box.  About 5 months ago, I purchsed my own WiFi 6 router.  I successfully booted the MH into modem mode and encountered no problems with Internet or TiVo connectivity.  However, I've moved a load of stuff around and I cannot now, for the life of me, get the TiVo to play nice with the router.

I've tried multiple start-up sequences but, in all cases, I either end up with the TiVo working fine but no Internet (via my router) or full Internet with a C130 error on the TiVo box.  In the latter case, I am able to watch TV fine and access other services on the TV (Netflix, etc.) but I cannot watch On Demand or get TV listings.

I'm sure it's just the boot order but any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are using a wireless connection on the V6 you must remove the ethernet cable from the back of the V6 as it' sees that and thinks the ethernet cable is connected to the hub/router and won't search for the wifi.

What does the V6 say when click on Home >  Help & Settings >  Settings >  Network 

Select Connection in progress: get status 

Check when it says it was last connected, usually around every 5 or 6 hours. and try Connect to the Virgin Media Service now

With the ethernet cable pulled out you should be able to get the wifi connection (check you have correct SSID and password)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are using a wireless connection on the V6 you must remove the ethernet cable from the back of the V6 as it' sees that and thinks the ethernet cable is connected to the hub/router and won't search for the wifi.

What does the V6 say when click on Home >  Help & Settings >  Settings >  Network 

Select Connection in progress: get status 

Check when it says it was last connected, usually around every 5 or 6 hours. and try Connect to the Virgin Media Service now

With the ethernet cable pulled out you should be able to get the wifi connection (check you have correct SSID and password)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

That sorted it - cheers!

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Are you connecting only your WiFi 6 router to the hub and nothing else to the hub and connect V6 TiVo box to the new router?

---------------------------------------------------------------