cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a hub 4 on eBay

Telumehtar
On our wavelength

My hub 4 is bricked. There's no doubt about that. But Virgin Media want to send an engineer out in 7 days' time, so I'm getting desperate.

Someone is selling a hub 4 on eBay.

Is there any possible way this can be legitimate? Would it even work? Presumably something like the modem's mac address needs to be paired to my account. Or can I just configure my account details in the web interface?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You'd be wasting your money buying a Hub 4 from eBay. A hub needs to be activated against your VM account for it work. VM won't do this unless the hub is provided by VM.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You'd be wasting your money buying a Hub 4 from eBay. A hub needs to be activated against your VM account for it work. VM won't do this unless the hub is provided by VM.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Telumehtar 

goslow is spot on, you woudl be wasting your money.

The hubs will only work with the account they were activated with.

The ebay seller should have returned the hub to VM, they are now a doorstep. The seller will also have to pay VM £90 for not returning the hub.

Keep an eye on your appointment in My Virgin Media.  If somebody cancels it may free up an earlier slot which you can book

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks, both. It's a shame VM won't just sell me one, really, or let me pay for shipping. But yes, hopefully they somehow manage to be up quicker than they have told me so far.