cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering on everything

vhero
Tuning in

Recently all my devices when streaming video from anything (youtube/bt sport app/netflix etc) are getting hit with buffering its worse with twitch and youtube. All my devices are wired and a speedtest on the device shows over 500mb speeds so its not a speed issue.  

9 REPLIES 9

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Broken CDN you are connected too.

---------------------------------------------------------------

So, I need to leave Virgin to fix? 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
See if its any better with a PC to hub in modem mode.

Using in modem mode with a linksys wrt1900acs. This has only just started happening recently for about a couple of week but its been getting worse, at first it was just twitch. 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Try a PC to the hub in modem mode without your router.

And if that works?? Dont get me wrong I appreciate the help but cannot have just 1 connection in my house I have a family of 5 that use internet for work/homework etc.. 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
If that works and it likely will not then it might be your router is the problem or maybe the new IP you get is enough so do MAC cloning on your router which may give you the same IP.

Hi vhero,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're currently experiencing issues with buffering on all devices. We know how frustrating this can be especially as it's affecting several apps. 

Remotely looking from our end, we have located your account for the details you have provided from your community profile. 

We can see that you do indeed have a downstream power level issues which would be contributing to the issues you're facing. Due to this we would need to get a technician to attend to resolve this issue for you. 

I will pop you over a private message, please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi vhero,

Just a quick message to advise that we have booked an engineer to come and look at this issue for you. I have sent you a private message with the time and date. 

If you wish to re-schedule or cancel this appointment, you can do so here.

Kind regards Jodi.