cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering / Streaming issues

chrisharlow
Tuning in

For the past week I find that I’m having to reset my hub multiple times per day whilst watching Netflix / iPlayer etc. This is a new issue and becoming pretty annoying now it’s a daily occurrence. The TV is hard wired to the Hub. 
Imagine a screaming toddler when Justin doesn’t get to find out what’s in Mr Tumble’s spotty bag!! 

Our mobiles / other devices also get booted off the WiFi when this issue occurs. 

Could it be a hub issue? I did a speed test using my phone and get 105mbps (when it’s working).

This has also coincided with the letter informing us that our broadband is going up by £3.25 a month (not end of contract increase), so thinking of looking into more reliable alternatives. 

19 REPLIES 19

Hey @chrisharlow,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I have checked our live system and can see that @gary_dexter is spot on and you need a technician visit to resolve this problem.

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details @chrisharlow.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about this on your online account by clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks - I've been onto my account and says it can take 24 hours for the appointment to show. Are you able to give me any indication of when it might be so I can arrange for someone to be in?

Thanks for your response @chrisharlow, I can see that the appointment has already gone ahead.

Have your issues now been fully resolved?

Regards,

Steven_L

We are still having this issue, sometimes having to reset the router multiple times per day. 
😞

Hi chrisharlow,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to see you are still facing connection issues, I was able to have a look at things our end and cannot see any issues other than a possible WIFI issue, have you looked into our Intelligent WIFI, you casn get up to 3 pods which would make sure you have WIFI all over the property.

Regards

Paul. 

Hi Paul

The issue isn’t due to WiFi black spots around the property. Our TV, which is hardwired to the router, even disconnects. Then other devices in the same room also lose WIFI connection. 
We had an engineer come and look previously, but that doesn’t seem to have made a difference. 
I would consider leaving for a more reliable connection, however we’re currently fixed in contract. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @chrisharlow,

We would be sad to see you go, would you be willing to try the Wi-Fi pods before deciding the leave us?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley,

We wouldn’t try this if it would incur an additional cost. We didn’t have any issues with our previous provider so don’t know what’s going wrong now, especially when the speeds seem to be there. 
I honestly think it’s something to do with the router. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

There would be a charge depending on the package you are on. All information can be found through this link: https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/intelligent-wifi-pods-new

Cheers, 

Ryan.