cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering Amazon firestick

Terryw1965
Joining in

Just got Virgin home hub3 . Unable to watch any streaming on Amazon fire stick due to constant freezing and buffering . Def a fault with virgin media as I still have my sky broadband for another week and when I log onto that the firestick works perfectly well 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Does it still buffer if you operate the firestick in the same room as the Hub? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is the hub3 far away from the firestick

Yes it’s about 15ft away in a different room 

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's probably why it's buffering

No because when I go back onto my sky router it doesn’t buffer .. it’s just the virgin connection and when I do a download speed test on the fire stick it comes in at 100mb and the same on my lap top and iPad , there’s something wrong at virgins end that’s stopping streaming 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Does it still buffer if you operate the firestick in the same room as the Hub? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Haven’t tried that yet , have now plugged the fire stick into an Ethernet cable  and it streams fine but not ideal having to use a cable . Will try and get hold of someone from virgin media tomorrow as it’s clearly not right when I can log onto my sky broadband account and it steams ok but soon as I log onto virgin it’s unwatchable 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

So it's simply a WiFi problem then. When you phone Virgin they will probably offer you one of their 'pods'. 

- jpeg1

It shouldn’t need one when it’s only 15ft from the router and when you do a download test it’s fine , there’s something that stops it streaming even catch up on sky doesn’t work properly 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You've said it's fine on ethernet. That's pretty conclusive

- jpeg1