cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser issues

AJB128
Joining in

Hi 

I’m a new virgin media customer and I’m on day one of using the services.

Each time I try and look up online relating to virgin media I get a error page come up saying 

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I fix it?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try some other browsers see if they work ok.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AJB128,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our Forums!

I'm really sorry to hear you're facing problems accessing our website to sign up for My Virgin Media. It can take up to 24 hours for the system to update and allow you to register as normal.

Have you been able to try a different browser, as @jbrennand has suggested? You can also register for My Virgin Media directly via the App, which can be found on the Play Store for Android, and App Store for iOS.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

I have recently upgraded to the Gig 1 wifi and was told i could have pods easily should i require them… I keep getting the runaround trying to order pods… It is ridiculous how difficult it is.. i have spent so much time trying to get pods to no avail.. I’m within my 14 days and am now thinking of just cancelling.. The sales team always make everything seem so easy.. Not happy at all..

JayB7
Joining in

have recently upgraded to the Gig 1 wifi and was told i could have pods easily should i require them… I keep getting the runaround trying to order pods… It is ridiculous how difficult it is.. i have spent so much time trying to get pods to no avail.. I’m within my 14 days and am now thinking of just cancelling.. The sales team always make everything seem so easy.. Not happy at all..

Hello JayB7.

Thank you very much for joining our Community.
Can I just apologise for the difficulty you are having trying to order a Pod.

I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L