Menu
paulhunkin
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Brown outside box broken

Hi,

I'm away from home at the moment for Christmas, but I've just heard from the friend watching our place that the Virgin-branded brown outside box has broken. It's always been a bit tenuously connected to the wall, but apparently now it's completely unhinged. I've got them to put a plastic bag over it to protect the wires from the weather, but I suspect that won't do that much good.

As I'm travelling I thought it might be easier to post on here in the hopes of getting an appointment this way rather than calling back to the UK on roaming -- can anyone on here help? Smiley Happy

Thanks!

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-19 at 12.47.53 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-19 at 12.47.53 AM.jpeg

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Brown outside box broken

It’s still best to call in, if you are in the EU it’s only a normal call rate and should come from your allowances. The most likely thing to be affected by the weather is the telephone connection. The broadband F type plugs, if correctly fitted, are usually waterproof. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
paulhunkin
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

NZ, unfortunately -- a long distance call plus I'm on exactly the wrong timezone for the helpdesk opening hours.

No worries, I'll try find a window to call them on Skype or something if nothing happens on this topic by tomorrow.
0 Kudos
paulhunkin
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Update: gave them a call, and scheduled an engineer visit -- the earliest they could do is 17th January. Because of Christmas, I guess.

Anyone know if the wiring should be ok that long exposed to the elements? We don't use the phone line, so I don't particular mind if that's broken till then. But it'll be a real hassle if we get home and the internet has broken. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi paulhunkin, 

Welcome to the forums, the teams that sort broken boxes do tend to prioritise so the wiring should be ok. 

If you do find yourself having any further trouble let us know and we will be happy to take a look for you. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
paulhunkin
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, they bumped up the date and it's fixed now. Thanks!
0 Kudos