Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Brodband Problems

Hi,

I’m having problems with my broadband connection started this morning. I did everything on my side. Modem connected to hub and from hub I have google nest setup. Nothing wrong with my wifi, broadband connection going on and off. 5min off, 10 seconds back. I have same problem yesterday for few hours but it came back. 

I tried to check status from virgin app and it says no problem in your area. I started test and nothing found. I tried to reach someone from chat nobody answered since morning. 

I searched on internet and turns out huge amounts of people having same problem.

what is going on?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Brodband Problems

If a huge amount of people are having the same problem then it will be a known fault.

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a handful of customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks,

I reset to factory defaults and just connect with phone. I did some speed test and first download was 200mb, upload 0.01. than I repeat the test few minutes later download 2mb upland around 1mb. every time it’s giving different results. at the end it’s not even open a simple webpage mostly.

Most annoying thing is when I check service status it’s just saying everything is ok. no one works in my area and I can’t reach anyone to learn are they doing something about it not. 

maybe my modem is not working well and I’m waiting for nothing but I can’t even check this because can’t reach anyone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Call in at 08.00 - most users here report getting through fine with short waits at that time.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 but replies will be slower - do both

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos