cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband

JonT2020
Tuning in

I have low signal coming into the house. Low signal in house as well. Intermittent connection. VM will be doing a repull in 3 weeks time. In the meantime my Internet constantly crashes. Therefore limited broadband. Are there any fixes to keep me connected in the meantime?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @JonT2020,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your connection and waiting for your re-pull to go ahead.

I have raised a complaint on your behalf and staged this over to the appropriate team to have this investigated further and will l look into providing alternative means to connect, if that would be possible you can track its progress here and the team will be in touch as soon as they can to discuss this further with you.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

It until the re-pull is done no

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

I’d use a mobile SIM to provide data in the meantime - some ISPs do that for you of course (assuming a useable cellular signal in your area).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

JonT2020
Tuning in

I have a repull due early March but in the meantime I pretty much have no broadband or TV. Surely there must be a temporary fix I.e access to these services whilst I wait for the engineers. Its 2022 surely virgin have temporary hotshots that I can access?

Personally I wouldn't be too hopeful of the repeal actually happening in March as a brief perusal of these forums might indicate regarding missed and/or failed installations.

No there are no temporary arrangements, it is all predicated on you having a working cable connection, after all if there were 'hotspots' available then why not just use them instead of messing about with physical cables?

So can you get some kind of alternative provision with another supplier? Any sort of 4G or 5G connection especially if it can be done on a rolling monthly contract.

Hey @JonT2020,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your connection and waiting for your re-pull to go ahead.

I have raised a complaint on your behalf and staged this over to the appropriate team to have this investigated further and will l look into providing alternative means to connect, if that would be possible you can track its progress here and the team will be in touch as soon as they can to discuss this further with you.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks Steven,

Still waiting to hear back.

I see it's in progress but no contact.

Jon

We do appreciate that JonT2020.

I'm sure the team will reach out to you as soon as possible.

^Martin