cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband

mooche
Joining in

Hello

I currently live in an area where ultra fast broad band isn't available, it doesn't look like there will be any companies laying fibre in my area for some time, suppose there is not enough interest for it where I live. My question is, can I pay for the fibre line to be laid to my home from the closest box where ever that is. Is that a thing virgin offer. If so how much would it be roughly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you considered StarLink?

this is probably a hell of a lot more cost effective than paying a company to run one line which could be thousands

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you considered StarLink?

this is probably a hell of a lot more cost effective than paying a company to run one line which could be thousands

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Tens of thousands of pounds.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

mooche
Joining in

Yes I have heard of star link but it's not a hard line which puts me off a little. Would rather have a hard line straight to my door step.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you’re rolling in money then get yourself a hard line. Unsure if virgin do, but quite sure openreach do. I think there’s even a small government grant available but I’d say you’d safely be paying over 5K. Probably a hell of a lot more. The reviews on starlink seem solid with speeds of over 200 easily achieved and ping of 35 ish. I think the set up for star link is £500.

failing that, have you considered point to point broadband? Again - not a direct line but perhaps a solution.