cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband

Haslam82
Joining in

Recently joined Virgin Media and changed my password name and password to a more personal one…but we had a power cut a few days ago which has reset the router to the original name but some devices in the house need the new password inputting as it says the password is incorrect if I input the one on the bottom of the Hub4. Has anyone else had this problem?

8 REPLIES 8

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You'll need to tell those devices to forget/remove/delete their previous connections. Then connect again with the present pasword that is set in the Hub. If you haven't changed the password again it will be the one on the Hub's bottom label.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hey @Haslam82,

Welcome to the community and thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having at the moment with your broadband and hub services. 

Have you been able to get this resolved with the advice from @jpeg1, since you last posted?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi.

All the above tried and even spoke to a Virgin media representative who said she had rectified the issue by restarting the router, which seemed fine when I connected my Sky Q box but everything else is either picking up the original WiFi name but needing the new password I set before the issue occurred 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Then you will need to go into the Hub settings and make up new names for the SSIDs.

You  can then make new connections with the present Hub password. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

This sounds unbelievable but I actually tried that and it wouldn’t  recognise the settings password off the bottom of the Hub when I followed the link to change them….at that point I just gave up and have had to mess about putting different passwords into different devices to get them to connect 🤣

Hi Haslam82

If the settings password is not working

You can try a Pinhole reset to revert the hub back to factory settings 

Gareth_L

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

And be aware that there are two different passwords.  One for the Hub settings and one for the WiFi.  Before you do the factory reset, make sure that the label is not damaged and you can still read the passwords.

- jpeg1

Good morning Haslam82

Just checking t see how things are 

Have you manged to try that pinhole reset since your last post 

Gareth_L