cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband what do you have to do to book an engineer?

Masiveattack
Tuning in

Hi I've been having a nightmare for the last 2 days with my virgin hub3 it keeps dropping out and the ethernet connection is zero. I've rebooted everything including the home plugs, reset the router and rang VM 3 times. They ran checks and it recovered for an hour and now is back to useless. I've just rang entered my details and then was told we are now closed!!

Any help you be appreciated 

15 REPLIES 15

Hey @Masiveattack, thanks for reaching out to us on the community forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the fault repair being delayed due to an area issue.
Faults are based on the size and scale of the repair, so the engineers may need more time to get this fixed.
May I ask what the latest repair time lead is for?

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello Llyas, the repair time was from Saturday till Thursday 5-6 days of very poor or no connections 

Hi Masiveattack, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

We're sorry to hear you've had a poor connection for a while. We understand it's frustrating but as there was a fault in the area, your issues were likely down to this so having an engineer would have made no difference at that point. 

Checking things today, I can see the area fault has now been resolved. I've checked the hub connection too and can see the both upstream and downstream power and signal levels are all optimal. No timeouts or issues being detected. 

How are things looking from your end? I can see the hub hasn't been rebooted since the fault was resolved so please reboot this to refresh things and let us know how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hin

Hi Kath F. 

I have rebooted the hud router, I did it straight after the fault was fixed? Yes I agree about everything you say about a fault in an area but I had poor to zero service for over 5 days and my contract with V.M is due to expire in a couple of weeks, renewal is under strong consideration.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to us and for sharing more, Masiveattack.

Regarding service issues due to area faults please refer to our loss of service compensation page here for more on how we got you covered in case you've been impacted by an outage.

Can I ask if you've reported this issue promptly on our service status page when the problem in the area came up?
If so, we'll automatically assess for compensation and any credits due will be applied on your following bills based on your eligibility.

At this point, as you've not expressed any further problems with the services since the issue in the local network was restored may we take it as that your connection is now working at the normal speeds now?

Regarding your contract coming to an end we're unable to assist from this end as we do not deal with package changes, however if you're not happy for any reason, it is your right to cancel and move to another supplier without termination fees within the last 30 days of your deal with us.

Please, note disconnections take 30 days to action from the point of request.

In case you'd like to discuss your options and see what new deal you can get please contact us at 0345 454 1111 or use this link to view deals linked to your account and speak to our live chat support.

Let us know if the above is of help and if there's anything more we could do to help, happy to offer our support where possible.

Adri
Forum Team