cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband upgraded from M200 toM350 still no change in speed at the router

sylm_2000
Tuning in

A reluctant upgrade was accepted as I was tired of a price increase every few months so a fixed price tariff for 18 months was accepted. The payment was collected immediately but my BB is still showing max 200Mb as it was before and not upgraded to M350 as being charged. Been a customer for 7+ years and am still unsure of any value from loyalty benefits.

Classic virgin - payment first, now deal with the problem yourself!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Found the trouble maker!

In the DECO app there is a limit set for QoS and broadband which was throttling the broadband to 200Mb, now adjust to 400Mb. 

Remove all QoS devices, hard reset VM router and then connect back in modem mode only - the world is back in balance!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Did you upgrade online? If so it can take a day or two to get your broadband changed to M350 as I believe that this is a manual process.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

I was offered an upgrade by the retentions team and online status (and billing!) was updated immediately. It is now 6 days and max speed I can get is 200mbps and not 350mbps.

I have powered off - no help.

I have done a hard reset - no help

V3 Hub tried both with router and modem mode - no difference. Using Deco M4 mesh network as virgin hub is a piece of junk in terms of wifi coverage.

What's your upstream speed now? Has it gone from 20 to 35 Mb/s? If it has then (probably) the upgrade has taken effect, you can confirm this by logging into the hub and checking the status (it's on the first tab I believe).

If that's OK, then what are you using to measure the downstream speed? You can't rely on wifi, you'll need to test using a device connected via ethernet directly to either the hub (router mode) or the deco (modem mode).

Found the trouble maker!

In the DECO app there is a limit set for QoS and broadband which was throttling the broadband to 200Mb, now adjust to 400Mb. 

Remove all QoS devices, hard reset VM router and then connect back in modem mode only - the world is back in balance!

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi sylm_200

Thank you for reaching out to the community and apologies for our late response but we see our awesome members have been around and able to offer some assistance.

We are very happy to hear you have been able to get this sorted from your side. 

Please do get back in touch if we can assist with anything in the future 🙂 

Thanks 

Nat