cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband unusable, packets dropping all the time, 0 support from VM

DontSubToVM
On our wavelength

b31d5647a51df09876eca96b431d471fc97a3297-01-04-2022.pngMy broadband is unusable, it keeps dropping packets and has very high latency when it's not dropping packets

Link to live graph: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/b31d5647a51df09876eca96b431d471fc9...

I am in Area ref 15 (London)

VM says there is no outage

DontSubToVM_0-1648811533967.png

This has been happening for over 2 weeks. 2 Weeks ago there was a known outage that was apparently fixed the same day, but my connection has not improved since.

I am sick and tired of having to post on this forum to  get any sort of assistance, I am looking forward to the end of my contract to switch to a different provider, Sky just started operating in my area thankfully.

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you tried the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers - or just you.

Also - what Hub model is it and is it in Modem or normal router mode?

What (if any) other equipment is plugged into it on ethernet cables?

This is worth a quick check.. See that all of your coax cable connections are in nice and "finger" tight - at the Hub and wall box and also at any connectors etc. Ensure there are no “unterminated cable loose ends or loose wires on the connectors . Disconnect all the connections and reconnect to be sure. Also check that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing, check that all looks good with the outside cabling (no clips piercing, or broken sheathing) and the wall box is all good

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Everything's plugged right, there is no known outage in my area, VM customer service is unable to help and they keep redirecting me to their forum...

Bump...

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/52e415ffc5a7dcfb1b428e553f4afdde72...

52e415ffc5a7dcfb1b428e553f4afdde721bd063.png

I've posted this a WEEK ago and no one from VM deigned to check up with me, eventhough their phone/online support says to post on the forum to get assistance

This ISP is a joke, I can't wait to be out of my contract and go with Sky

DontSubToVM_0-1649673013630.png

Can't even access my billing section to see how long until I can cancel this ridiculously bad service...

Hows does a tech company of this size can be so useless?

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi DontSubToVM, 

Thank you for your post and I am sorry to hear u are still having issues. I can see from our systems you are affected by an SNR outage the estimated fix date is 18 APR 2022 at 15:00. I am sorry for any inconvenience and frustration this may cause.

Zoie