Menu
Porker
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Broadband sporadic?

Hi all
Broadband has been dropping out all day on and off on every device in the house. Now appears to have gone completely for the last 30 mins or so.
Do I have a faulty hub or just a crap connection?
Any pointers much appreciated.
0 Kudos
oldcarliol
Joining in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband sporadic?

Something similar happening to me in Portsmouth. My daily router log since Thursday just after midday, when it showed "Internet disconnected", has shown repeated "Internet connected" events. I run the VM box in modem mode with Netgear router attached.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about this Porker,

What type of connection are you using? Wireless/hardwired?

Have you tried Changing your Virgin Media Hub's wireless channel?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Porker
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

Had a tech visit on Tue, modem has been replaced, now all working as you’d expect.
0 Kudos
Porker
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps I spoke to soon.

Wifi is still dropping out all too frequently. My Mac is flitting between wifi on and scanning for networks same for my windows laptop.

0 Kudos
Porker
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Have now set wifi to channel 11, will see how that goes.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Porker,

Thanks for getting back to us!

How has it been since changing the channel? Are you still experiencing any issues?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Porker
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This situation hasn't improved unfortunately.

Several speed tests this evening gave results from 5Mbps to 110Mbps, using the same test device within a period of minutes.

I'm struggling to access ANY of the settings on my router now, just keeps re-loading the log in page, and yes, the log in credentials are correct. Why the enormous variation in results? I have a hard wired repeater from the hub on a CAT 5 at the back of the house, my devices are defaulting to this as the WiFi signal from the hub drops out. I would suggest the signal to the house is good, but once ran through the router to WiFi it goes bad periodically, are you able to actually test this remotely? I'd be interested to know how exactly.

My better half has been on the phone 3 times over the last couple of weeks for advice, but the quality of the call centre staff if somewhat lacking to say the least, it's not their fault they have very heavy Indian accents and we live in NE England, the language barrier is exactly that.

I'm currently paying for a service that isn't being delivered with any measure of reliability. Not impressed.

0 Kudos
jbutt47208
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

welcome to VM world ,hub3 has had this problem since 2015 ,hundreds,thousands probably more subscribers complained with no resolution just excuses.

Hub 3 wifi has very little range, auto switch's between Mhzt settings to get best signal but drops the internet connection,does not reload and then you cant log in .Just read the complaints .

Only answers seem to be reconnect your hub 2 and then battle with VM to reactivate it unless youve thrown it out of course.

or put it into modem mode and buy a second router with better wifi and stable signal to channel it through ,none of which you should have to do but VM will not listen or sort people out with a proper solution.

0 Kudos
Porker
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re the second router, I had to do this previously with either the Hub 1 or 2, memory fails me.

Reassuring in a way that it's not only me.

Be interesting to hear a forum team opinion on this....

0 Kudos