cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband slow on MacBook Pro but fast on all other devices

bhose
Joining in

The internet on my MacBook Pro has in the last week slowed down to about 30mbs and it keeps cutting out. On my iPad pro and iPhone I am still getting up to 300mp as per normal. The only thing that changed was that I moved the booster unit (unplug and replug) from one floor to another. Any suggestions to get back to normal, fast, constant broadband access ? Many thanks

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What Hub model is it? Is it really a booster or do you mean "Pod"?

Does the Pro still struggle when you sit close to the Hub?

Is the Hub/pod running on a single SSID combining the two frequencies - or have you separated the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands onto separate SSID's?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for responding so quickly. I’ve now lost all internet on my laptop. I’ll get the info and get back to you. Regards Indra 

What Hub model is it?

It's 3.0

Is it really a booster or do you mean "Pod"?

It's a Virgin Media Wi-Fi booster Screenshot 2023-02-12 at 21.27.23.jpg powerline adapter Wireless Extender

Does the Pro still struggle when you sit close to the Hub?

Here's the thing. Every other device in the house (three MacBooks, three iPads, four iphones) are getting the fast 300 mbps but my MacBook pro is dropping in and out and is slow. I think there's a setting wrong somewhere.

Is the Hub/pod running on a single SSID combining the two frequencies - or have you separated the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands onto separate SSID's?

I went into the admin mode using the ip and it shows both 2.4 and 5 are running

Thanks if you have any ideas

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Well it seems to be a Pro problem... as all else is fine.

So.... what model Pro is it ? - what year/size and what OS Is it running? Have you tried connecting it to the Hub on an ethernet cable ?

To do so, you might need an ethernet->port adapter if the Pro has no ethernet port - I connect my 2012 Pro via a thunderbolt-RJ45 adapter and it works great.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi bhose 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your MacBook pro device.

How have things been since posting please?

Do you still require assistance with this?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All sorted. I'm pretty good with tech . Thanks