cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband problems

Jo-G
Tuning in

Please help!

My broadband arrows have been flashing for 48 hours now. I have rebooted and reset but still flashing away. Tried the ‘help’ section of the VirginMedia website but it just keeps sending me to an ‘Ooops we can’t find the page you are looking for’. Frustrated!!

can anyone please offer any advice?

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers - or just you.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up and be able to help but it can take a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John.

I have already done all the checks that are available on the website, including the checking your area for faults. It says the fault is with my hub which is then why I have done the reboot and reset of the hub.

Thank you for your suggestion 👍🏻

Hi Jo-G,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your broadband service. 

I have taken a look on our side and I can see an engineer is required to resolve this. 

I will private message you so we can get an engineer out to investigate this. 

^Martin