Menu
Dogsbody2k
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband problems

My broadband is playing up.  My Apple stuff - phones and iPad - are all 5G and original connected to the wi-fi through 5G.  Now, however, they won't stay connected.  I have to keep swapping between 2G and 5G.  Caused me to run out of mobile data because the wi-fi couldn't connect.  Also, my Windows 10 devices can't always connect - have had to resort to Ethernet which has slowed it all down.  I am very deaf so can't use the phone myself.  Asking people to come round to help make the call is not working as it takes too long for someone to answer - hanging on for over an hour once and no answer at all.  Am now thinking of cancelling and moving elsewhere - but has anyone else had these kind of problems? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband problems

Do you have a Hub3?  If so try this....  Go into the Hub3 settings (go to http://192.168.0.1  or  http://192.168.100.1 in your browser) and in "smart wifi" disable the "channel optimisation".  Then, in advanced>wireless>security, rename the 2.4 & 5 GHz network ssid's.  Just change 'em to whatever you like and something that will differentiate them - e.g - xxxxx2 & xxxxx5) use the same password  if you like,  Then, save settings and restart Hub.  Your 2 wifi networks will now be clearly separated and you can then select the network you want to connect to, individually on each device.  See if that helps. 

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Dogsbody2k
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's Super Hub 2
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Dogsbody2k wrote:
It's Super Hub 2

Ah - different kettle of fish !  Have you updated all the Apple kit to iOS12.0.1 ? That cures the Hub2 connection issues.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Dogsbody2k
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm pretty sure the Apple stuff is all up to date but I will check thanks.
0 Kudos