cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband outage

MB113
Joining in

Our broadband went down at 8pm last night but the status checker showed no issues. I called the customer service line at 8:30am this morning to see what was happening as it was still down. The call handler confirmed there was actually an issue affecting 25% of people in the area so it would now trigger an engineer to investigate the issue and I would receive a notifications via sms. The status checker is still showing no issue in the area and I am yet to receive a notification about what is happening. Just tried calling customer services and now their systems are down and they can’t look into anyone’s accounts.

What is going on?

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Firstly, Can you check for any “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)...

.... also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

See what that reports

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.