Menu
Daveduvet
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband ‘outage’

My virgin broadband and catch up tv services went out/offline yesterday (Thursday) morning. Spoke to customer ‘service’ who kept repeating ‘theirs an outage, repair by Monday 7th Oct: 5 days! 

The thing is, my immediate next door neighbour is with virgin and her broadband is fine and dandy. Would there be someone here who can look into this for me plz? The guy at customer ‘services’ sounded like a bot rather than a human being. Thank you in advance 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband ‘outage’

As well as trying the “check service,” weblink at the top of this forum board, there is also a Service Status number 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of local issues, down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) that may give you more info. It is possible that your neighbour is ok and you are not so worth calling in again to get your line checked again or at least try and get the fault number for reference.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number so make sure you activate it.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Daveduvet
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I’ll give all that a go and work backwards from there. Will report back accordingly 

0 Kudos
Daveduvet
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi. 

Ive rung that number and there’s no recorded message to suggest anything is wrong. I’ve rebooted my tv box and on demand is now working. However, I’ve not been able to get my line checked or a fault code. Is it via the 0800 number? Is it worth me going into my router via Ethernet to check? My super hub has no WiFi light; it has a rapidly flashing top yellow light; and an intermittent middle light; 

customer services are saying there’s an engineer on the way - since yesterday early morning; but I’ve seen no vans anywhere in my area. 

Thanks in advance 

dave 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cant do it on the 0800 number, you need to call in on the CS "report a fault" line - on 150 or 0345 454 1111 and see what is going on - looks as if there is no known fault so it may be specific to you or a small number of customers.
The lights meaning depend on which Hub you have - check here...
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-what-do-the-lights-on-your-hub-mean

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Daveduvet
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I’ve done all of the above - they say there’s an engineer working on it, and it’ll be ready on Monday. Unfortunately, by then it’ll be on its 5th day of outage. Looking forward to being blamed for lack of WiFi all weekend long by the kids! 

Cheers anyway 

😕

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Daveduvet,

Thank you for coming back to us, I am sorry to hear that your services won't be on until Monday, I know what it's like with the kids when there's no WiFi.

Our technicians will be working hard to get this resolved as soon as possible, all fix times are estimated if we can get this resolved earlier we will.

Any due credits will be added automatically you can find our more around auto compensation here .

If you would like to raise an official complaint, please take a look at our Complaints Code of Practice .

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos