Menu
Highlighted
Garryagain
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband outage

My broad band has been off for 4 days. When I call the help line there is a recorded message to say there is a local fault, however I also received a text message to say it's clear. I finally managed to get through to the call centre where a very unsympathetic operator told me it would take another two days to fix. My online account says there are no issues. How do I find out what is going on and when I will get the service I'm paying Virgin a lot of money to provide! It's very frustrating!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband outage

Hi Garragain, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry to hear you've recently had some downtime, I can appreciate it's never ideal.

Is it back up and running for you now?

When you spoke to the team this should have been logged, so once the issue is resolved any relevant credits would be applied to your account to ensure you're not paying for any loss of service. 

Let us know how you're getting on, we're keen to help. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Garryagain
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm now on my sixth day without wi-fi on which my home entertainment and security systems rely. I was informed last night that my router is faulty and it could be another 3-5 days before I see a replacement. Why does it take a leading telecoms company 5 days to identify the problem? Will Virgin compensate me for the inconvenience and cost of additional phone data I have had to use as a consequence of their technology failure?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is the connection on ethernet cable to the Hub working and its just wifi that's goosed ?

If you havent already, it may be worth doing a pinhole reset on it to see if kicks some life back into it.

Never tried this... but I wonder.... if you went into your local VM high street store with the faulty Hub whether they would swap it for you? After all the stores web blurb says.... "or take home a self-install kit and you could be online tonight" - so unless that is just referring to "mobile phones online" they must stock them. Worth a call?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos