Menu
Highlighted
Sammyt05
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband outage

Hi all,

I lost internet connection on Monday daytime and since then I have had nothing at all and it's still not on now.

I checked the service status on Monday and it told me everything was fine. I rebooted my broadband and still nothing. I currently have a green Wi-Fi signal and a green flashing light. When rebooting didn't work I rang them up and an automated message told me there was an issue within my area (DN33) I stayed on the phone and spoke to someone about my internet being down (not UK) they apologised and said that there is a fault and it is being worked on and estimated date it would be fixed is the 3rd Dec. This is the 4th time this month I have had no network I told them to put me through to retentions as I had enough. I was on hold for an hour (from a mobile) the gent who I spoke to was really helpful and as I only currently pay for broadband (£51 PM) He offered me a really good deal to stay. I reluctantly took this deal after being on the phone for 2 hours. He also refunded me for loss of service which I thought was nice. 

Tuesday I rang them back when I still didnt get any signal. They told me the exact same thing but that there was noise on the line and there is nothing that they can do an engineer is fixing it and it's not just me it's happening too.  

Today my new TV box has turned up but I can't use it as I have NO BROADBAND. I have rebooted my hub and checked my hub settings and the Wi-Fi is there, internet access is denied. My two children secondary school age cannot do research for their homework and will end up getting a detention for being unable to submit homework online. 

I know I have just signed up to a deal but 4 times in 1 month is unacceptable. I have no internet and now a TV box that won't even set up because of no internet. Outage in DN33 area but nothing on the website to suggest otherwise you have to ring to find anything out and then it's just noise on the line !!!! 

I really am not happy.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband outage

Hi Sammyt05,

Thanks for posting on the community.

My apologies you are experiencing loss of broadband connection.

I've taken a look into this and can see the SNR (signal to noise ratio) fault reported in your area. The review date is showing as 6th December. However, this fault would cause intermittent connection and as you are offline completely, I think it's best if we arrange an engineer appointment to check this over. For this I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Sammyt05
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband outage

Hi Sam,

Can I just say thank you for all your help. The engineer came round and had me online again within 30 minutes. He found out what the problem was as well. All the times I had been told it was a major fault in the area, it wasn't. The cabinet that houses my cables had been cleaned out of all the old connections and they had unplugged mine, not just mine but others also. I cant believe that all the times I had spent on the phone and they didnt even suggest sending anyone out. They just said there was no point and to wait for it to come back online. Even the engineer said there hasnt been any fault in the area. He was an absolute star and I can't praise him enough.

I have never been so happy to get online again.

Thank you again for all your help. 

0 Kudos