cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband not working

markwebstar
On our wavelength

My broadband is not working. Service checker says no problems in my area. Hub check reports "Hub isn't connected properly" but it is, and nothing has changed since it was working fine yesterday morning.

I have spent a few hours going around in circles trying to find a way to contact VM to no avail - Whatsapp message not delivered because it claims “you already have an open conversation on a different channel”, VM twitter will not accept direct messages and cannot provide contact details, no response on Live Chat etc.

I have tentatively booked an engineer for next Tuesday but would appreciate some help before then ... Can any of the moderators here help me ? Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If it was "offshore" CS they often spout rubbish just to end the call. But when they run the tests they may need you to press some buttons and report what Hub lights are doing - so benefit of the doubt!

I think you may have to wait till you get back in and hope it autofixes in the meantime could be a transient outage that gets sorted

Someone else may comment with a better suggestion soon as all I would do is ask a family member/neighbour who has our house key to go in and reboot the lot 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I tried this but it says no issues in my area.

thanks for the suggestion though !

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
OK - you havent said - what are the actual BB issues you are having - on wifi and on ethernet cable connected devices

--------------------
John
--------------------

I did manage to speak to someone on 0345 454 1111 but they say that no tests can be run on the equipment without someone being in the property. Is this true or are there some tests that can be run remotely ? (Beyond the service & hub tests that I’ve tried to do myself.)

I am away and unable to connect to any devices on my network, including the hub and tv box. Everything was working fine when I left yesterday so nothing has changed with cables etc

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If it was "offshore" CS they often spout rubbish just to end the call. But when they run the tests they may need you to press some buttons and report what Hub lights are doing - so benefit of the doubt!

I think you may have to wait till you get back in and hope it autofixes in the meantime could be a transient outage that gets sorted

Someone else may comment with a better suggestion soon as all I would do is ask a family member/neighbour who has our house key to go in and reboot the lot 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hi markwebstar, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the connection. That is correct and we would need someone to be present at home to confirm the tests have brought the broadband back online. I have investigated this and cannot see any issues in the area, can you confirm if you are still having issues with the service since posting? ^Chris. 

Hello Chris & thanks for your message.

The Hub 3.0 is working fine now after being physically turned off and on again. When we returned home the green wifi light was illuminated and the power LED was flashing green. What kind of a problem does this signify and what would cause it to happen ?

Here are the logs from the moment it disconnected. Nothing on the network was connected from this time until I restarted the device this evening :-

17/08/2022 15:00:17Warning!MDD message timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/08/2022 15:00:17Warning!Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/08/2022 14:59:30Warning!MDD message timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/08/2022 14:59:30Warning!Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/08/2022 14:58:43Warning!MDD message timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/08/2022 14:58:43Warning!Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/08/2022 14:57:55Warning!MDD message timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/08/2022 14:57:55Warning!Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/08/2022 14:56:21criticalReceived Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/08/2022 14:55:38Warning!Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
15/08/2022 12:57:27criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
15/08/2022 12:39:56noticeDHCP Renew - lease parameters tftp file-cmreg-vmdg505-bbt060-b.cm modified;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
15/08/2022 12:39:56ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Many thanks,

Mark

Hi @markwebstar thanks for your reply - great to hear everything is working for you!

The green lights do indicate that there's no broadband to the Hub, but in terms of the cause it's impossible to say without a technician being able to establish this, unless we can see it's a network outage affecting multiple customers in the area.

I've ran checks and I can see that there aren't any faults with the broadband and all seems to be running well.

Please let me know however, if you do need any further support!

Many thanks

Tom_W