cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband not working

Catturny1990
Joining in

I’ve had an engineer out 4 times to fix my internet. They all say there’s a problem with the incoming levels. There are green lights showing on my hub but no internet! Please help! 

28 REPLIES 28

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you checked first for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

What Hub model is it and which lights on the Hub are green? Is the base power light also green? Is it flashing? Or is it white?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yes I’ve checked all that it’s not an area issue. It’s a hub 3 green light at the bottom is flashing and green wifi symbol is on. 

Can you post your Hub status and logs?
Someone should be spot if there is a problem
Navigate to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode)
Don't log in!
Click on 'router status'
Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs. The forum software will remove the MAC addresses for you (you may need to click the 'post' button again).

Also, set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc - You can do this at ThinkBroadband (https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality)
Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

I'm not getting any internet right now so no data is coming up. The hub still has green lights on it so its definitely connected.

Hi @Catturny1990,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have been having on going and unresolved issues with your broadband. This is not the best service we look to provide and we want to do our best to help. I have been able access your account using forum details. I can also see you recently spoke to our team regarding your hub. Was the issue resolved with our team? Do you require any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

The engineer that came yesterday said it’s an IRS issue outside my flat so a different company needs to come look at it. Who arranges this because every time I call up virgin they just send out another one of your engineers who can’t fix it? There’s no issue with the hub or the cabling in the flat.

I haven’t had internet for 2 weeks at all now! Can someone please escalate this issue and get the right person out the fix it.

Thanks 

Thanks for your post and updates, Catturny1990,  

If there are further works to be carried out by a field team, that's handled internally. It does not require you to call as it's the the field engineer who was at your home will report back to the area manager and that department will liaise with other field teams or contractors to have the work completed.  

Thanks,

Corey C 

Hi

I’ve still had not update on when this is going to be fixed. It’s taken 3 months to identify this problem - I really don’t think I should have to wait any longer for this to be sorted. I’ve had no update from the engineer who came out to look at it. What is the next step? Still have not had any internet access for over two weeks now. Virgin has offered no temporary solution to this, how am I supposed to continue surviving without any internet? I am working from home and paying a fortune to hotspot my phone. 

Thanks for coming back to us @Catturny1990.

I have checked the notes on the visit from the other day and can see that this has been flagged to our networks team, I have sent an email off to the area manager to see what the next stage to get this resolved would be.

I will be in touch as soon as I hear anything back from the team.

Regards,

Steven_L