cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband modem

Cheryl04
Joining in

I’m having constant issues with my modem it over heats and the fans keep continuously running I’ve always got to switch it off and on and it looses connection on a daily basis I’ve contacted Virgin to get nowhere it’s so frustrating I was advised to only connect 4 devices to it which is ludicrous in this modern world and it’s the most up to date one I’ve got I shouldn’t need to do that and was also told to move it to a window for it to cool down I wasn’t offered any technical advice or engineer to visit I’m at my wits end now 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What hub is it? If it’s a Hub3, what colour is the bottom LED?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What hub is it? If it’s a Hub3, what colour is the bottom LED?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I have the Hub 4 and the white light flashes when it’s got no connection and goes green when it’s searching for a connection then just switches off when it’s over heated 

Id say its busted, mine has 15+ devices connected and can't hear a fan and is ok. Just make sure its in a well ventilated area, ie not inside a TV cabinet. Apart from that sounds like its a replacement hub time.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Report the fault:

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait a day or two for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Cheryl04,

Sorry to hear that you have had connectivity issues, and you can definitely have more than 4 devices on our hubs. I've sent you a private message to confirm your account details so we can get someone sent out.

Cheers,

Corey C