cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband keeps dropping out.

kopnut
Tuning in

Hi All, For about a month now my broadband drops out at least 8-10 times a day, very briefly, for about a minute then comes back. Evertime I have contacted VM and their online status checker  syas my connection is fine. I've rebooted, disconnected, changed ethernet cables, checked connections etc etc, all to no avail. The one time I managed to get through and book an appointment, the engineer changed the hub from 3 to 4, thinking this would cure it..... not at all. with having firesticks  and the screen going off 4-5 times an evening  it is getting very annoying now. I have even made a complaint and the answer was " It should clear up in a short while"..... that was a fortnight ago. I even went online to chat and the virtual bot put me onto an agent and they never answered.... very  annoyed and frustrated.... Any Help would be of great help, thanks in advance to all who reads this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You havent actually specified, are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on the ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

Can you double check for known issues - try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You havent actually specified, are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on the ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

Can you double check for known issues - try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John, thanks for the reply, yeh sorry for not being specific but it was all in relation to ethernet connected devices. I have done the "check service Area status webpage again and followed instructions on the hub to the T, and it has improved immensely, I didn't take the plug out, just turned it off and back on again. Didn't think a little thing like that would cause a lot of heartache...... thank you, John, much appreciated.