Menu
Rogeroger
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband keeps dropping out

Hi, The internet keeps dropping every few minutes. Wifi indicator then have an exclamation mark and says "internet might not be available". I have to disconnect from Wifi and reconnect again, then everything is back to normal for a few minutes. I had almost identical issue back in 2017 and then the router had to be replaced. All was good until last week but it appears that it getting worse every day. Anyone have any ideas?

IMG-20190227-WA0000.jpg

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband keeps dropping out

Need to figure out if its a wifi issue or a connection problem.  Are ethernet cable connected devices dropping out at the same time as the Wifi ones ?  Meanwhile check out the 2 "pink" posts at the top of this board and see if there are things in there that might help.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Rogeroger
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jbrennand

Thanks for your reply.

It appears that the ethernet connected devices working fine but i do not have a PC, just amplifier or TV Box so really it is hard to say (Internet radio works fine).

I checked the posts but not really understand much from it. Please see the screenshot. It might tell you more. My network is "Lena"

Screenshot_20190227-221601_Wifi Analyzer.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rogeroger,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about what has happened. 

Can I just confirm: 

What hub do you have? When it shows you the connection has dropped is this happening on all devices? Has anything changed recently with the position of the WiFi or any objects next or close to the router?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Rogeroger
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin, 

Sorry for late reply. I have Hub 3.0. WiFi is dropping across all devices but not at the same time, I.e when WiFi on my phone is dropped still works perfectly fine on my wife’s phone and similarly when her WiFi is down, it might work fine on mine. It appears that it is working a lot better on iOS devices (it happened only twice) than on android (WiFi drops every few minutes). Normally I only have to turn off and on WiFi and all is working fine again. Nothing has changed in location. There were 2 power cuts just before all that start happening. 

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am not surprised that our wireless connection is poor looking at your graph, with that device on the 2.4GHz band.
What wireless device are you testing with? (Make\Model)
Which Hub have you got?

First of all the wireless signal strength is very poor, barely strong enough for basic tasks like browsing.

You also have two overlapping channels which would be interfering with your signal, which would make your connection unstable.

The first issue would be the signal strength, at what distance are you testing at?
Are there any obstacles between you and the Hub?
Are you on the same floor as the Hub?

Have you tried the 5GHz band?
A screenshot of the graph on the 5GHz band would be useful.

0 Kudos