cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband issues

Garry_Dickson
Tuning in

Wondering if anyone can help. I’ve lived in my house for 4 months and have now had to book an engineer for a second time as my wifi keeps dropping. I’m an Oomph customer but my sim gets a shocking signal and isn’t enough to run anything at a decent speed when my wifi goes down. 
My wifi went down at least once a day before the first visit where the engineer diagnosed a faulty splitter. It has since been more stable but we constantly get outages again and a lot of problems with issues in the area being fixed. 

Is this specific to my property? My mum lives 0.5 miles away and hasn’t had an issue in 4 years.

10 REPLIES 10

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on  0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150, they messages go down to post code level. If nothing reported then go into your hub on 192.168.0.1 and post your up/downstream stats and network log. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Garry_Dickson, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your service. 

I have taken a look from our side and can confirm that there are no current/live outages within your area.

How have things been since your last post? Are you still experiencing issues?

Let us know and we will be happy to help. 

Thanks 

Nat

Hi,

thank you, it seems to have resolved itself since but not sure what is happening as at the time there were no issues in the area either.

Is there a reason we get so much issues in this area? Seems like every week there’s an outage with a fix being worked on

Thanks for coming back to us.

I've had another check here and no issues showing, no outages, all the levels are fine.

Do pop back if you need further assistance.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You mention these are problems with the WiFi.  Are they only with the WiFi, or with wired connections to the Hub as well? 

If you're not sure, next time there is a WiFi problem please check to see if wired devices drop out as well.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi,  thanks for the replies. It’s down again, another problem in the area being investigated.

Hi @John_GS

Thats now 2 area issues in 2 days. Should I be booking an engineer? Not sure what they’ll say though as the the last one tested all the equipment and only changed a splitter. I need a solid connection to work from home and my partner does uni from home too. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If there is a known issue all Tech visits are auto-cancelled until its fixed.

What does it report on 0800 561 0061

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It is fixed now so is reporting nothing. How can there be so many issues in the area? It almost seems constant.