Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband incredibly slow.

llucymay
Tuning in

D94DA2BF-E723-4945-B464-20A321690CCF.png

Hi,

I’m trying to write here because I’m desperate lately. I called Virgin multiple times, I had the technician at home, I had another chat with one of the operators they keep saying “Oh I see there is a problem I fixed that for you now just restart your hub and monitor it for 7 days”.

Since I activated Virgin here (north London) every evening after 11pm the connection just drops under 4 mbs (I have the 108mbps package and the minimum guaranteed is 15).

I’ve been going on for a couple of months because luckily at 11pm this doesn’t affect me too much except when I’m watching tv (virgin tv) and there is no way I can keep watching it even after the reboot.

Lately though, I started to have issues around 11.30am and since I’m working from home this is a huge problem for me. I called, no answer too busy. I chatted, same answer as above.

I’m really mad at them for the poor customer service provided but before proceeding on different ways (they are breaking the contract providing me a connection under the guaranteed speed) I would like to do anything I could to sort out the problem if it is on my end.

Any suggestion would be appreciated thank you 🙂

Attached tonight’s test, from my phone testing the wifi, no other devices connected, ethernet cable is the same but I did it with my phone to post it using the mobile connection.

11 REPLIES 11

Hi llucymay

Sorry for any confusion here, but is your speed issue impacting your work device only or all devices?

Regards

Lee_R

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @llucymay,

Thank you for discussing this issue with me further via Private Message.

Please update us on how your technician appointment went and how your connection is behaving. Let me know if you require any further assistance.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs