cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband in South Croydon area

GarryL
On our wavelength

I have been testing my signal via the virgin media site and for the last few weeks have got  a statement saying "Looks like there are issues in your postcode affecting your services". But this message has been the same for weeks? Does anyone know what is going on or could it be a old message I am getting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page http://www.virginmedia.com/servicechecker although this only covers large outages.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page http://www.virginmedia.com/servicechecker although this only covers large outages.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

GarryL
On our wavelength

Thanks for the advice I have checked the 'service checker link' and called 150. Both advise that  and I quote "there area problems in your  area and its a complex problem but the engineers are working hard to correct". But it has been the same message for weeks, so I guess they are still working on it?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The 0800 number usually gives the most up to date info. Fixes can drag on for weeks or more in some cases.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Problems due drag on for a long time, last year in my area there was one that lasted for 3 months. My service was only affected from time to time, not for the whole period.

Tudor

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi GarryL,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community and thank you to our members for your ongoing support. 

I am very sorry to hear that when checking the site, it shows an ongoing issue but does not supply further details.

On checking from our side, I can confirm there does appear to be a known outage in your area related to SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio). We are working to get this resolved and the current estimated fix date is the 31st May at 3pm. 

Our apologies for any confusion or inconvenience caused by this.

Please reach out if you have any questions or require an update. 

Thank you 

Nat

GarryL
On our wavelength

Hi Nat

Thanks for your message and the details you provided.  I haven't noticed a major problem to my service although the wi-fi drops occasionally. 

But at least I know I am not going mad now you have acknowledged the problem. 

Regards

GarryL

Been having the same issues jsut north fo croydon. had two engineers, a new box. intermittent wifi for 3 weeks only between 9-5. losing 1-4 hours of internet in complete blackouts for 20-30 mins at a time. apparently nothing wrong our end, so something is being done on local network but no one can tell us what or when it will be fixed. spend over £200 on mobile data to keep online for work

Hello benhirons29,

Thank you very much for joining our Community.
Can I just apologise for intermittent service
We can run a few tests from here and check on your equipment.
Sadly its showing you have low a signal issue. So I will need to send you a private message to gain account access arrange another engineer 
If you can check the envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L