cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband in GU22 9NS Woking not working again

StuartF
Tuning in

Again the Broadband signal has gone in GU22 9NS.    The phone still works but there is now Broadband - neither wired nor wireless. It stopped about 10:15 am today.

The VM tests show noting wrong - not true!

This must be the third time in 3 months.

7 REPLIES 7

martinianpaul
Superfast

Same in EH54. 

StuartF
Tuning in

And 30 mins later its all back again - why do i have to keep swapping cables over to BT only to find that VM had another 30+ min Wobble that no one saw?

The issue was confirmed on 3 different laptops and a phone - both Wired and wireless. But still VM did not notice?

Hi @StuartF,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear you've experienced some issues with your broadband service recently, but I'm glad to hear that things are restored and now you're back up and running again.

If you face any service issues again in the future, I'd recommend searching your post code with our Service Status Checker tool in the first instance. There it'll detail any known area impacting faults that may be affecting you along with a current estimated fix date/time and the option to receive updates via email and/or SMS too.

If nothing is being reported there, please feel free to reach back out to us and we'll take a closer look at things for you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks Zach 

Yep i'd done all those things. It seems as if Virgin data transfer just fades out and none of your systems detect it.   Then it fades back in again 30-60 mins later.    What do you think it is? during this time the phone seems to be available.    

As you never see it on your systems you never count it as lost service but meanwhile I'm switching over to the BT line instead as that almost never fails.

I'm worried that when we remove the BT line for good we won't be able to rely on Virgin.    And as you never see the issue you won't address it.  It seems i'm stuck unless you suggest a solution ?

Cheers

Stuart

Hi @StuartF

When this happens does it happen across all devices at the same time? 

Does it happen across both wired and WiFi connections? 

Thank you. 

Thanks Yes - across all devices, both wired and wireless.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have a Broadband Quality Monitor running? Please post the link to your live graph if so.

If you don't - I'd recommend spending 5-10 minutes setting one up. Free, and monitors your connection 24x7. The resulting graph gives excellent diagnosis of any underlying issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks