Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband hub3

Owenmcmurray
Joining in
Dear virgin. 
I have had no wifi connection the last two days
The horizontal power light at the base of my hub 3.0 is red rather than white. 
I’ve restarted the hub and the Wi-Fi is now working again but the light remains red and has done this morning.The hub is not over heating from what I can see and in well ventilated area. 
Can a replacement be sent to me please?
Thanks. 
4 REPLIES 4

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Owenmcmurray,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some Hub issues and are seeing a red light.

A red light could be an indicator that the internal Hub system is overheating. If your Hub is warm to the touch or smells like burning, we would recommend disconnecting it from the mains as this could be a potential fire hazard. In order to assist, we would need to arrange for a technician visit to look over the equipment and your home connection.

I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details, so please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Owenmcmurray,
Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your red light Hub issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina. When have you booked the technician for? I cannot see the appointment details on my virgin website. 

Hi Owen, thank you for returning to the thread to request confirmation! Sorry to hear the appointment is not showing for you in the app. 
I will send you a PM now just to confirm a couple of account details, and then the appointment information with you. 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with! 
All the best. 

Molly