Menu
Tharp
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband house coverage 3 metres out

Hello All I welcome your advice. Basically the broadband coverage in my house is misaligned. The back rooms do not receive coverage, but i can pick the broadband up on the street outside the front of my house. I can’t move the router because it’d need a new socket installing. Is it the sort of thing that Virgin would send out an engineer to fix? Any help much appreciated!

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband house coverage 3 metres out

Virgin shouldnt send techs out for wifi range issues as they cannot fix it.  You could ask virgin to post you out a wifi booster (powerline)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband house coverage 3 metres out

Hello there Tharp, 

Welcome to the Forums and for your first post Smiley Happy 

Sorry that you're having some range issues there - we do have a few options for you to help with your range. 

Download the free Connect App; from here you can scan your home and search for these black spot areas; once identified, you can order boosters via the app Smiley Happy 

We also have some excellent help pages for you to go through some checks at home yourself: virg.in/wifihelp

I have boosters in my home as i have a very long house - like you, it's not practical to move my Hub but the booster works wonders. 

Let us know how you get on with the app and we'll go from there. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos