Menu
Highlighted
Dunne77
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband has stopped working!

I’ve had a virgin media account for 3 years and my broadband suddenly stopped working a couple of days ago. The white light on the front of the hub 3.0 shows its functioning but now I cannot connect to it through WiFi or wired connection. Anytime i choose to connect to the router I’m brought to a login screen for the router. 

Ive tried restarting and resetting the router but nothing works as well as unplugging all wired devices. My virgin media account says I don’t have broadband as part of my package! Went to a local virgin media shop and they told me my broadband is active. 

I have tried several times to talk to customer services but get out on hold and I’m left on the line for 20 mins + at a time. 

I have even contacted virgin to cancel my subscription but have been left on hold them too. 

Anyone out there had this issue??

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband has stopped working!

Virgin's customer support seems to be getting even worse just lately.

If you can't get through on the phone you will have to wait here and a member of the forum staff should eventually see your post.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Dunne77,

Welcome to our community forum page, it's great to have you on board.

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you have been experiencing with your connection and for the amount of time you have been on hold to our customer care team. 

Were you able to get through to our technical support team over the weekend? 

How is your connection this morning? 

Regards,

Dean C

0 Kudos
Dunne77
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Dean_C,

Unfortunately I am still without broadband. I rang the faults department who were unable to help, the put me though to the technical department who were also unable to help.

I was told I would get a call back from the ID department within 24 hours but of course I heard nothing. 

I tried calling again yesterday for an update but was on hold for so long that I had to hang up. I will try one more time today and if nothing comes of that I’ll be forced to cancel my subscription. 

I work from home occasionally and without broadband this is impossible. 
Not sure what else to do. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for the reply Dunne77,

I'm sorry that this issue is still ongoing and I have now sent you a private message so I can take a closer look at the situation. 

You will be able to access your privates messages by clicking on the purple envelope which is located at the top right hand side of your screen. 

Regards,

Dean C