cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband fault

janice2789
Joining in

Hi

I have been getting drops out on my internet connection for last week.. I'm using a wired connection and have tried resting the Superhub. The drops out are ranging from a few seconds to twenty seconds.

How can I report the fault?

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you checked first for any “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tried 'Check services status' top right corner of this page on Sunday which said there was no area faults and then checked the Superhub. It said I was getting intermittent internet and to check back in 24 hours as these faults self correct.

On checking again on Monday the 'Check services status' said my connection was fine and to try the connection cables. While I was doing the check I was getting drop outs. These drops out are more frequent evening time.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What did the 0800 number report

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi janice2789, 

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your broadband. I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate you on our systems using your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi janice2789, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message with your information.

Checking our systems, I can see all is looking well with the Hub in terms of power levels, uptime and time outs. There are no faults open that may be affecting you either. The network segment you are on is spot on too. I know you have mentioned you're connected via an ethernet cable so it's possible the cable you are using is faulty. I would recommend replacing this. 

It would also help if you you could please set up a broadband quality monitor here. Once you have done this, share your link URL link so we can monitor things from this end. Once you have done this, share your link URL link so we can monitor things from this end. 

Please keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

I responded to the private message from Forum Team, then was ignored.

Ill call up instead.

Hi janice2789, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

I can see that after receiving your private message with your details I responded to you publicly. You can see my post above your latest response. 

We only use private message if we are needing to ask for account specific or personal information. Where our reply doesn't need to include these, we reply publicly. 

Please have a read of my response and follow the actions in there. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team