Menu
DeePee75
Joining in
Message 11 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband fault

Cheers for the advice. 

I had a text at 18:15 telling me the service had been repaired. The app service status is saying broadband ‘looks spot on’ for my area. I’ve rung them again and I’ve now been told that the same issue will be repaired by 10th December. That will be two weeks without broadband and multiple times I’ve had text updates lying to me that my service is now working. 

If the service status is spot on for my area does that mean there is a fault at my property that needs looking at?

0 Kudos
carnivalist
Superfast
Message 12 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband fault

@DeePee75 wrote:

Thank you, Sam. I guess the confusion I have is that I keep on getting texts telling me the issue has been resolved (though I continue to have no service). Also the wording online for the service status says there’s an ‘intermittent fault’, but I have been completely without broadband now for 8 days solid. That makes me wonder if the service statement is inaccurate or if I have a separate fault that needs to be resolved. 

Also, will my account be refunded some level of compensation to reflect that I have not received the full service I have been paying for?

I had the same thing multiple times - it appears the Virgin Media right hand is somewhat unfamiliar with the left.

As far as compensation goes, unfortunately you'll probably have to write to the complaints department to get any significant sum that accurately reflects the overall situation. In my experience if you demand compensation over the phone they will offer you some paltry sum related purely to the problem on the day you are calling about and not any general deterioration in the service. If, like me, you have chronic random and intermittent faults that's impossibly onerous

0 Kudos