Menu
DeePee75
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Broadband fault

In West Leeds and my broadband is down since last night (5:30pm). Hub 3.0 has green flashing lights and permanently green WiFi symbol.

Tried turning it off/on multiple times with no change and the hard reset hasn’t fixed it either.

All cables appear connected and fine. 

Online fault check states no issues for my area.

Can I confirm this is an external fault and that an engineer is on to it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
chenks
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband fault

you will need to call CS onj 150 (assuming that it's not listed on the service status page).
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi DeePee75,

Apologies for the connection issues, looks there's an SNR (noise ingress) on your cable fault ref. F006749380, this may cause intermittent loss and slow speeds.

The estimated fix date is today, please drop us a quick update any time an we'll check for a progress report.

Kind rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
DeePee75
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi

i had a text earlier today to mention all was fixed but still appear to be having issues. Have rebooted the router but still getting the same flashing green lights. Apparently the last time it was working was last Weds Nov 28th @ 7:17 from the message I’ve accessed through the TIVO box. Is there work still taking place on this issue?

thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi DeePee75,

Thanks for posting back here.

There is an SNR fault open in your area with reference number F006754387 and has a review date of later this evening. As this is a review date/time it can be subject to change.

If you are still having an issue after the fault has been closed, we can take another look into this for you.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DeePee75
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that update. Hopefully the team are able to resolve it by that time as a week now without broadband has just been eating away at my phone’s 4G data allowance. As of 2pm today there is still zero connection. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hiya DeePee75,

I appreciate you getting back in touch.

There is still an SNR fault open in your area.

If you would like to keep monitoring this for updates it is showing on our Service Status page.

I'm sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
carnivalist
Superfast
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Why are there so many area faults on a network that promotes the supposed quality of its broadband provision? I've had no end of problems for months and judging by the forums recently my area is far from unique.

When the major issues first began the engineer who visited claimed there had been an area fault here - in Central London of all, places - for TWO YEARS!!! This is utterly ludicrous. Thank God I have an excellent MiFi unit from Three - which I'm being forced to use to write this post - while my not-so-Super Hub sits in front of me like a glorified paperweight, otherwise I'd be up the creek and at the end of my tether.

While I have managed to get a refund for part of the period of the problems, this required me to contact Complaints by letter and threaten to leave in order to get any kind of significant recompense. Presumably I will have to do the same for the faults which have been ongoing almost since I was given said refund. Why on earth should customers be forced to waste their time and energy chasing up Virgin Media to do the right thing? The area faults can hardly be news to them, so why don't they automatically issue compensation to customers in areas suffering in this way? After all, our notorious Train Operating  Companies are famously useless, yet even some (if not all) of them offer automatic compensation for significant delays.

And finally, why can't Virgin Media take a leaf out of BT's book and offer wireless hubs to all customers when their broadband fails? After all, network faults appear to be a chronic problem at the moment. Do they want us to defect en masse?

0 Kudos
DeePee75
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, Sam. I guess the confusion I have is that I keep on getting texts telling me the issue has been resolved (though I continue to have no service). Also the wording online for the service status says there’s an ‘intermittent fault’, but I have been completely without broadband now for 8 days solid. That makes me wonder if the service statement is inaccurate or if I have a separate fault that needs to be resolved. 

Also, will my account be refunded some level of compensation to reflect that I have not received the full service I have been paying for?

0 Kudos
BrianY
Superfast
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That feedback from Virgin has also happened to me!

Ring Virgin again if they have advised service back on, explain that your still off line.

0 Kudos