Menu
TheSingingBush
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband failed

My broadband has gone off every day this week, for hours at a time sometimes. Checking the VM site they have only shown a failure once. But my modem keeps restarting.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband failed

Hello

Can you please post your network stats from the hub

Open a Web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) and enter the address http://192.168.0.1

Note: If you have enabled Modem Mode on your Hub 3.0 you will need to use 192.168.100.1 instead.

Do not login but click on where it says "Check Router Stats" and then copy and post from the following 4 tabs, Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network logs and we can check your power level, also while you about that can you please go around and check that all connectors to VM equipment are hand tight. Also while doing this please check for any damage to cable, or un-terminated connection without either coax or a terminator.

Regards Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

To check for known faults - as well as trying the “check service,” weblink at the top of this forum board, there is also a Service Status number 0800 561 0061 which usually tells you of local issues, down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) that may give you more info. If nothing shows there call it in and see what they say when they test your connection and if possible get a fault reference number.

Also, set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the logs and in discussions with VM. Make sure you uncheck the “ignore ping from WAN side” box in the settings.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
TheSingingBush
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your advice 👍

0 Kudos
TheSingingBush
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm checking via a mobile device so struggling a bit to look at the things you suggested. Thanks for responding so quickly though 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon TheSingingBush,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been having issues with your broadband service.

How's everything looking this week? Are you still experiencing issues?

Are you able to use the Broadband Quality Monitor as suggested by @jbrennand?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos