cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropping out

heathcote0
Joining in

Hi

We have been having issues with our broadband dropping out on a regular basis.

This affects zoom/teams calls for work (over wifi) and watching TV which is wired in but still drops a program or gets the download circle, when streaming.

We have M500 broadband and aero nests to try to get the wifi to reach the office in the house.

The issues are now affecting us when we are even in the room with the router.

Any ideas and support.

I would consider upgrading to VOLT, but only if I was sure it was going to work.

Thx

17 REPLIES 17

Ashburnian
On our wavelength

We have the same problem, it seems to happen on a regular basis despite upgrading to volt, ours started on the 14th Jan and after 21 backwards and forwards messages with a Virgin employee we are now informed it will be the 23rd Jan before it (an outage whatever that is) is fixed. 
we also had problems in December so I genuinely believe we may be in a bad tech area as some customers appear have no problem at all. Despite all this loss of service you are paying for but not receiving I have been told no compensation is eligible so will probably be ditching VM broadband asap as it does not work and costs a lot of time trying to sort problems.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi heathcote0, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're having WiFi drop outs. I'm also sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you.  For future reference, we do have these tips available to help with broadband issues: Our service status page  where you can check for any faults in your area and if necessary, login to book a technician.  And there's Wi-Fi hints and tips.   We do have the connect app that will allow you to scan your property to optimise the wireless network and if needed order pod's. Depending on your package these may be free but any package is eligible for these if needed.  However, as you've reached out to us, I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.
Regards

Lee_R

Hi @Ashburnian, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've been having connection issues.  And sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing your household.  I've had a look from our side and cannot see that there's still an outage, at this time.  Therefore, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee_R

I’ve been having exactly the same issues as the previous 2 customers. Re-set Hub and done all of the usual things and works for a while and then drops out again. We’ve got boosters but to be honest the signal was better on the old hub we had months ago however the speed was slow on that one, one issue to the next! I can be sat 2meters from the hub and drops out on laptop and buffers on tv. I just can’t rely on it for work, please can you advise what to do next?

Thanks 

Hi Tcboereb!👋 Welcome to the community - thank you for joining this thread. 

Sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your broadband service, and particularly with intermittent connections. I've had a quick look for you and sadly you are experiencing issues due to an area outage at the moment. This is estimated to end on 23rd January at 1:40pm. You can check for outages and updates to estimated fix times/dates 👉 https://virg.in/service or by calling 📞 0800 561 0061. 

Please let us know if the you are still having these same issues when the outage is confirmed as ended and we will happily offer further support! Thank you for your patience in the meantime. 

All the best. 

Molly

Hi there, I am having the same issue. In January the signal has been drop dropping out randomly, multiple times per day. We do try resetting the hub occasionally and the Internet will work fine for a while then drop out again. This is not acceptable service when we are paying for fast Wi-Fi speeds and rely on stable Internet to work from home and support our clients. This is making me question remaining as a virgin customer because this is too unreliable. I’ve used the tool to detect known issues in our area and nothing is showing up, so there’s no clear explanation for why this problem has started. It looks like many other customers are experiencing something similar. Virgin, please advise on how to resolve this. 

Hi Anneree77,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear you're having problems with your broadband recently. We've had a look on this end and all your power levels are looking good, can't see any real reason as to what's causing the drops. No outages in the area currently by the looks of it.

How's your home set up? Do you have both wired and wireless devices connected? If so, are wired devices affected?

Thanks

Beth

The TV is wired in and drops out regularly when we are streaming TV.

Wifi does the same when we are  on zoom calls.

We have 500meg package and it happens when we are in the same room as the router!!

Best

Jon

Hi Beth, thanks for your message. The dropout is occurring on both our wireless devices and the TV which is wired in. We didn’t have these issues before a few weeks ago. It’s changing minute to minute — it will be fine and fast when I do a speed test, and then drop completely while Im in a Zoom work meeting (right next to the router) or watching a show streaming, and then be fine again a minute or two later. It’s volatile and I am not sure how to address it or what help is needed. Please advise, thank you!