cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropping out

Pete28
Tuning in

I have had no issues with my broadband until i received the following email from Virgin.

Hello Peter,

We wanted to give you a quick heads-up that your home WiFi’s just been optimised to correct a WiFi traffic jam.

Here’s what’s happened

With Intelligent WiFi tech on your Hub, it regularly checks on your WiFi performance to give you a better experience online.

Recently, it found that your gadgets were running into a bit of a WiFi traffic jam, so it’s switched them to the quietest lanes – or WiFi channels, as we call them.

Want more WiFi tips?

If you ever experience any hiccups or slow WiFi, head here for a handy step-by-step guide to get you back up to speed.

Hope this helps!

The Virgin Media team

I am now experiencing my devices regularly losing wifi connection for one or two minutes at a time. Why try to fix something that isn't broken

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have a Broadband Quality Monitor running? If so, can you post a link to the live graph? If not, I'd suggest spending 5-10minutes setting one up which will provide easy diagnosis/evidence of any connection issues.

You allude to broadband issues while quoting an email about your wireless channels being changed. The two should be independent of each other.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

VMs intelligent WiFi is anything but!!

Separate out your 2.4 and 5GHz channels, turn off WiFi optimisation and intelligent WiFi

You should be back to proper connections

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7