Menu
Royston2015
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband dropping out

I'm new to virgin and last couple of days the broadband drops out, which includes the phone line. It does reset eventually but can go for several hours with no connection, or a connection thstbisvon then off etc - difficult to call an engineer when it is working. Could it be an engineer is on the exchange installing new clients?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband dropping out

Call CS on 150 or 0345 454 1111 (or 0800 9528046) and see what they say when they test your connection.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) John_G
Moderator (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Royston2015,

Sorry to hear you've been getting drop outs. I've just checked your connection and can see no issues from here. Are you still getting these disconnections?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Royston2015
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

Thanks for the feedback - unfortunately the problem hasn't gone away. The Virgin engineer came to my house and found no faults but did change the HUB just in case. But this week the broadband has dropped out on 3 days - Monday twice, Tuesday once and Wednesday 3 times - various times and various duration's...... it is very frustrating and now annoying, paying for a service that is not reliable. Don't get me wrong when it works it is fantastic, but no point having a Rolls Royce that breaks down every day, prefer to have a reliable FORD.....

Thanks to escalate and try to resolve the issue

Roy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Royston2015

I’ve sent you a private message (purple envelope, top right corner) for some additional information to help me look into this further for you.

Kind regards,

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos