cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropping out throughout the day.

Aaron31
Tuning in

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help? I have only been with virgin media a few months and our hub keeps dropping out from time to time, particularly in the evenings. Mobile phones all switch over to mobile data and say that the hub has no internet. Hub itself is flashing to say no internet and after a few seconds re connects before dropping out again a few minutes later. A speed check reports around 3-4mbs rather than the 100mbs speed we have. 

Any advice? A reset on the router works for a short time before the problem comes back.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Hi @Aaron31.

Welcome to our forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing dropouts on your hub. We want to do our best to help.

In this case I have sent a private message in regards to this. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when possible.

Thanks.

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I can confirm I have booked an appointment for you regarding this  @Aaron31.

This has been arranged for the requested date and time. You can check confirmation of this in your my VM account. You can also amend the date and time there.

Is there anything else you need help with?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

Its been a few weeks since an engineer attended to fix the issue, it worked for a short time however we are now back to having the same problems again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi Aaron31,

I'm sorry to hear you've been facing some more issues with your broadband service. I've had a look and can see that some signal levels are out of spec, so I've arranged another visit for you since there are no other outages showing in the area.

I've now booked in the next available engineer slot for you - to view the appointment time slot or rearrange, please head over and sign into your My Virgin Media account.

Please do let us know how the visit goes and if you need anything else from us in the meantime. 

Kind regards

Beth