cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropouts since fibre phone switch

bobjim11
Joining in

Since our phone was changed to the fibre phone system and now plugged into the router we have regular speed and full connection dropouts on our broadband.

Service status says no issues and only started after the phone was plugged into the router.

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Usual first thing to try is a reset of the Hub like this

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker.

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Bobjim11,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your broadband looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I have checked your services on my side and have found an SNR outage within your area which is causing intermittent issues on your TV, Broadband and Landline. The estimated fix date/time is 06 OCT 2022 15:00. 

I am sorry if this may be causing some disruption for you, I am sure the engineers are working hard to get it fixed as soon as possible. 

Of course, if this outage is fixed and you're still experiencing issues we will still be happy to investigate further. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan, Unfortunately this issue is still happening, if anything it is even worse. Do you have any updates on outages in my area? If not is there anything you can do your end to help with this issue as we have tried every troubleshooting method. Thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI bobjim11, 

Thank you for getting back in touch. 

I am very sorry to report that the issue is still ongoing and the current estimated fix is for the 26th October 3:30pm. 

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and assure you, the team are doing all they can to get this resolved. 

Thanks, 

Nat