cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropout in Cambridge

Jonners1687
Joining in

Our hub keeps dropping the cable signal in CB1 which is very annoying as we are not at our property all the time and use an online security system to monitor the house. At least once every 5 days or so the broadband fails and the security system closes down.

I don't know about dropped packets but the service seems very unreliable when we have to reboot the hub so often.

What can/shoudl I do to get resolution as I know that Virgin won't bother coming round to sort it.

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

I would also get onto the people who installed your security system, it should not shutdown if the internet connection breaks.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jonners1687,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your internet connection being intermittent. 

Taking a look at things from this end, all power and signal levels are looking good and in optimal ranges. There are no area faults affecting you and the Hub stats all look good. 

I can see you're currently running in modem mode - do you have any third party equipment running or connected to your hub? It may be worth disconnecting these and try the connection with the Hub only to see if the issue persists. 

Please keep us posted on how things go. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs