cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband down this morning - no warning

Loosecanons
Superfast

Hi,
I lost my broadband in the middle of work this morning.
At first I thought I'd had a power cut as I could see my router flashing away and restarting.

It wasn't coming back so I called Customer Services.
An automated call said there were 'network improvements in my area and it would be back by 3.00pm'.

It's back for now but if this was a planned outage why weren't we informed like VM usually do via text?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Loosecanons
Superfast
Update on this -
my broadband went down at 10:30.
I got a text at 13:15 saying it was going down today. ie zero days warning.

Three hours after the fact is not very good is it

Hi Loosecanons, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you did not get the text message before any planned works in your area.  How have things been since you last posted?  It does sound to me as though the text may have been processed in advance, but has somehow been delayed.  I hope you weren't too inconvenienced by the outage.  We're here and happy to take a look on your behalf, if you wish us to?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi

Thanks for getting back.

Actually I was in the middle of a work meeting when I was interrupted.  I tried to use a hotspot from my mobile but the Virgin signal is not strong enough. I missed most of the meeting. 

It may be coincidence but I have noticed  since the interruption my phone now keeps losing the Internet whilst at home. It connects to WiFi but loses the Internet regularly. 

It is running at 250Mbps.

I am 4m from the hub

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Many apologies for this Loosecanons,

Just to get an update on this, how is the service now?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi,

Thanks for getting back

My broadband is fine now but I cannot say the same for WiFi.

Although improving I keep seeing connected to Virgin media rather than my router. What does that mean?

That and connected with no Internet

What does that mean?

Also the green WiFi lights were flashing this morning and I lost WiFi again.

Is my router faulty?

Thanks 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your devices are connecting to a “Virgin Media” WiFi connection, this is a local public hotspot either from your own VM hub or a neighbours.

I would suggest shutting your hub down for 10 minutes. It will then do a proper cold start & should get rid of any issues cause by the network interruption.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks