cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband down again

prestonmoseley
Joining in

Once again our broadband is down. I’ve been keeping a log and approximately every 3-4 weeks it’s down at about 6am-7 am onwards. When I check for problems in the area it says there aren’t any. Generally the broadband is slow and not sufficient. What do about about a service that’s not good enough. We are early in this contract so not sure what to do. Help

2 REPLIES 2

g0akc
Problem sorter

Set up a BQM 

How are you checking speeds?  Is the slow speed with wired or wireless? Far from the hub or near it?

Do a proper speed test with a wired (Ethernet) connection to a modern PC or laptop.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

g0akc
Problem sorter

And are you within the ‘cooling off’ period in which you can cancel for free?  Act fast.  

Regardless, if matters are not resolved you can look at going to the Ombudsman service - one ‘remedy’ is to be allowed to leave without any fees/penalties.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!